FRONT END DEVELOPER
As an edX Front End Developer, you:
- Translate flat design comps, wireframes, and prototypes to production-ready interactive interfaces with joy and passion.
- Are very familiar with cutting-edge front-end development practices and technology (CSS3, media queries, responsive web design, HTML5, etc.).
- Can abstract layouts, design patterns, and UI components while building out the interface to a product or application.
- Appreciate that web standards, accessibility, and usability are essential to uphold.
- Generally have experience with server-side templating and data extraction code while enjoying learning more from the development team.
- Maintain the sanctity of a project's information architecture, interaction design, and visual design details while contributing to the effort.
- Know how to test and refactor your code across browsers and with QA teams.
- Work well with designers, developers, and colleagues.
- Take pride in your communicative and collaborative abilities.
Front End Developers must also:
- Have at least two years of professional, post-collegiate experience.
- Have a BS, BFA or equivalent work experience. But we're all about education, so let us know how you gained what you need to succeed in this role: projects after completing 6.00x or CS50x, Xbox cheevos, on-line guilds led, large scale innovations championed.
About the Product Design and Development Teams:
We are a small team with a startup, lean culture, committed to building tools that help our users learn and teach online. Working alongside developers, course staff, product owners, and project stakeholders, our Designers shepherd the experience of an idea or tool through research and strategy phases and lead the Information Architecture, Interaction Design, Visual Design, and Front End Development efforts in bringing that experience to life.
If you wish to apply, please send your resume (PDF, text, or Word Doc), a thoughtful email that includes specifics about how your previous experience matches the Front End Developer role at edX, and online samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates who do not provide these will not be considered. EdX is open to considering candidates outside of the Boston/Cambridge, MA area who are willing to relocate.